A Naming Ceremony is an opportunity to declare before family and friends, your promises to be as good a parent as you can, and for adult friends or relatives to confirm their special relationship with your child.
I can support you in creating a personal ceremony for you, your baby and your family.
Parents often ask ‘what happens at the ceremony?’
The answer is that it’s your ceremony and you choose what goes into it. However, the structure of most Naming Ceremonies is along the following lines:
- Introduction and welcome to your guests.
- Appropriate poems or readings, the first being near the start of the ceremony, set the scene and can be read by a special guest, friend, grand parent.
- Naming; you will confirm the full name you’ve given to your child and, if you wish, to tell the reasons for your choices.
- Parents’ Promises; This is the part of the ceremony where you promise, in words of your choosing, to be as good a parent as you can be. You can also take the opportunity to make promises of commitment to your partner.
- Supporting Adults’ Promises; Choose as many friends or relatives to be your child’s Supporting Adults as you feel appropriate. During the ceremony they will make declarations of love and ongoing support to your child.
- Closing Words; After a further reading, and the presentation of any gifts, the Celebrant closes the ceremony and you are presented with a special commemorative certificate.
- Parents’ vows to each other
- Grandparents’ promises of support
- Presentation of a gift to your child
- Remembering Absent Guests
Costs: Support in creating ceremony (2hrs) £50
Attendance and leading ceremony £150 (this includes creating the ceremony)
Please note, should you need to cancel a meeting within 24 hrs I charge a 50% cancellation fee.
Please contact me 07919324448 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.