A Reiki attunement is a process of empowerment that opens the crown, heart and palm chakras, connecting your body to the unlimited source of Reiki energy. During and after an attunement subtle changes are brought about to cleanse and heal you in order to more effectively use this energy. These changes take place on all levels, physical, mental, emotional and spiritual.
In order to improve the results you receive during the attunement, a process of purification is recommended. This will allow the attunement energies to work more efficiently and create better benefits for you. The following steps are simply suggestions-follow them if you feel guided to do so:
Refrain from eating meat, fowl or fish for three days prior to the attunement. These are heavier foods that can make your system sluggish. They often contain drugs such as hormones and penicillin, toxins such as pesticides and heavy metals that can cause an imbalance to the system.
- Consider a water or juice fast for one to three days, especially if you already are a vegetarian or have experience with fasting.
- Avoid coffee and caffeine drinks.
- Avoid alcohol for at least three days prior to the attunement.
- Avoid chocolate and sweets.
- Avoid highly processed and refined foods- especially those with artificial additives.
- If you smoke, cut back, and smoke as little as possible on the day of the attunement.
- Meditate half an hour a day using any form you are familiar with or spend some time in silence each day for a week prior to the attunement.
- Spend less time watching TV, listening to the radio and reading newspapers and more time with nature- get some moderate exercise.
Following these guidelines is an individual decision, but I do emphasise that a few days of purification will enhance the wonderful and powerful experience of Reiki.
A Reiki attunement is an acknowledgment of your commitment to healing – physical, emotional and spiritual. By receiving an attunement you will become part of a group of people who are using Reiki to heal themselves, their families, friends, pets, and who are working together to heal the Earth.
For more information on learning Reiki, see my Reiki Classes page.