Congratulations on your pregnancy!
Invocation by Jane Hardwicke Collings
We call the ancient Birth Goddesses
that women have called on forever
to guide us, nurture us, protect us and support us
Brigid, Artemis, IxChel, Freya, Yemaya, Changing woman, Pukkeenegak,
Sri Lakshmi, Kuan Yin, Tauret, Hathor, Gaia, Nungeena-tya
Guardians of the gateway of birth
we give thanks for you answering our call. (from the book, 10 Moons)
Having an ante natal doula means you will have continuity of care throughout your pregnancy- someone to ask questions and who can give you the extra support that your midwife just doesn’t have the time to do. Someone who is dedicating time for you and your baby, someone you can trust through out your pregnancy and birth.
- I will provide you with a ‘Baby Journal’ that we can work through together, which includes tips, space to journal as well as practical articles and birth position advice.
- During these sessions we will discuss any previous pregnancy and birth experiences.
- I will check how you are feeling about the current pregnancy, we will discuss any fears you may have about the birth/post natal period. I’ll never push ideas onto you that you are not comfortable with, I will offer you the information that you need to make the choices that are right for you.
- We will talk about your expectations of birth and the post-natal period, there may be questions/subjects that you are wondering about, or you may have a very clear idea of what you would/wouldn’t like. Maybe you have heard about something that you would like to try but have not talked about.
- We will talk about your birth options such as pain relief, birth physiology, location, third stage
- I will help you to devise a birth plan based around all of your needs and wants, or review your plan if you have already written one. I am here to support your decisions emotionally, physically and informationally.
- I will show you birthing positions, comfort measures, coping strategies, relaxation techniques, complementary therapies.
- I will show you how your birth partner / husband can support you as you give birth.
- I will encourage you to birth how you want, where you want. A level of trust will grow, allowing me to become your voice and advocate in birth – in a birth to remember, to cherish, to love.
- **You will also have phone and email contact throughout your pregnancy. In addition you can have access to my library of books and use of my homeopathy birth kit and herbs.
- **I will be there to support you through labour, keeping you focussed on your birth plan goals, travel from home to hospital (if applicable) and stay without until after the birth.
- **should you choose the 4 visit option or birth package
Ante Natal Doula Services including attendance of birth- 4 visits (2 hrs each) plus being on call for 4 weeks, attendance of labour and birth and 1 postnatal visit is £400
Ante Natal Doula Services only-Each visit lasts a minimum of 2 hours; charges are £20 per hour, or 4 visits for £150. (concessions are available and can be discussed during our initial visit.)
I live near Maenclochog in Pembrokeshire, my prices cover a 12 mile radius including Narberth, Spittal, Dinas Cross, Newport and areas in-between. Areas further afield- Cardigan, Fishguard, Haverfordwest, Pembroke, Tenby etc will be subject to extra travel costs.
Please contact me 07919324448 or by email email@example.com for more information or to arrange a free initial meeting where we will get to know each other and decide whether to work together.